Week 3 wasn’t as bad as last week where there were more major injuries in the skilled positions.
Be sure to check the bye week teams this week, Green Bay and Philly are both idle this week, make sure you have the backups in place for starters on those teams.
NFL Week 3 Injuries:
- Jeremy Langford out a few games with ankle injury
- Shane Vereen out for season with tricep injury
- Antonio Gates missed week 3 and likely more games to come
- Thomas Rawls fractured fibula out multiple weeks
- Jared Cook out a few weeks with foot issues
- Russell Wilson injures leg again, likely will play through it
- Zach Ertz injured but should return after week 4 bye
- Terrelle Pryor – pick him up asap! looking like Slash 2.0! (Kordell Stewart reference)
- Sterling Shepard – no way he’s still available on your wavier right?
- Adam Humphries – 12 targets
- Tyrell Williams – another decent game replacing Keenan Allen
- Quincy Enunwa – tons of targets again this week with 11
- Kevin White – 14 targets from Hoyer
- Jerick McKinnon – replacement for AP, got majority of carries
- Jordan Howard – replacement for Langford
- Christine Michael – taking over RB1 with Rawls out
- Wendell Smallwood – got majority of carries for Eagles
- Dwayne Washington – may get more early down looks going forward
- Kyle Rudolph – Bradford loves targeting him, 10 this game
- Hunter Henry – finally a good showing after all the hype of being Antonio Gate’s replacement
- Cameron Brate – 2 TDs after replacing Seferian-Jenkins as starter
- Ryan Griffin – 10 targets
NFL Week 3 Box Scores:
Below are all 16 box scores from NFL week 3 action. I typically like to quickly browse through all the box scores for skill positions. Let’s see if there’s any surprises.
Brissett injured his thumb this game, good thing is Brady is almost back
Osweiler = overpaid, Elway a genius
Who the … is Ryan Griffin? 10 targets…something to watchout for
Carson Palmer’s career winding down? 4 picks? holy crap
David Johnson legit as advertised
John Brown showing for the first time this season
Minnesota defense dominated this game, pick them up if still on available on waivers.
Rare down game for the reigning MVP Cam
As expected, Artis-Payne got majority of the carries, but nothing noteworthy
Jerick McKinnon got majority of carries in place of AP, could get lots a heavy workload going forward
Rudolph becoming Sam Bradford’s favorite target
Elway’s a genius, just check out Osweiler and Siemian this week
Cincy RBs situation a mess for fantasy owners. Gio and Hill are basically toss ups every week.
R-E-L-A-X! you tell them Arod…again
Jordy is all the way back it appears
Cobb struggles from last year carrying over to this year
Looks like Dwayne Washington may be getting more early down carries going forward
Marvin Jones getting bumped to WR1 status, legit
Not a good week for QBs this week, tons of INTs
Dennis Pitta 8 targets is a good sign
Kessler played pretty well considering it was his first career start
Terrelle Pryor got a huge boost this game, he’s been getting hyped since preseason, finally blew up
Matt Jones finally getting more carries
Vereen out for season, ouch!
Shepard has been steady all 3 games so far this year
all the DeMarco haters (and Derrick Henry homers) keep getting proven wrong
Tajae Sharpe hype over?
Wilson got hurt this game, but should be back next week
Rawls for awhile, Michael will take over RB1 for Seahawks
Bounce back game for Jameis
Mike Evans is a beast
who the f is Adam Humphries
Cameron Brate solid replacement for Seferian-Jenkins
T.Y. finally a breakout game
Could this be the beginning of a long career for Hunter Henry? Gates simply can’t stay healthy
Tyrell Williams still a solid game
Reid says Charles might be back this week, but Ware likely still to get tons of touches, they are winning with Ware
Travis Kelce sighting is nice
Enunwa continues to soak up tons of targets this season
Ryan Mathews losing his starting job? Wendell Smallwood blew up this game, Eagles coach said team will continue to use RB by committee, ouch!
Steady as she goes Carson Wentz, making Goff look like crap
DeAngelo stunk this week, end of the road for him with Bell coming back next week
Are Bears fans crying for Cutler to come back now?
Jordan Howard to take over as bears RB1 for now, Langford hurt and underperforming when healthy
Kevin White got tons of target from Hoyer, not sure if that would continue when Cutler comes back
Dez finally scored