Went slightly better than .500 on UFC (5-4) and Bellator (3-2) this past weekend. Something that’s always hard to factor into these fights are these fighters’ fight IQ. In 2 of my losses, Claudia Gadelha and Lorenz Larkin, both are SUPERIORLY more skilled than their oppoents. The lone area that they would have a disadvantage in is the power. So what do they go out and do? They both decide to go out and get into a brawl instead of stick and move and win every round. Unreal.
Onto the next event which is 2 weeks away as of this writing. It’s another PPV event and a very very exciting fight card. The highly anticipated fued between Ferguson and Lee will get settled in the Octagon. The Mighty Mouse vs Borg title match that got postponed will take place as well. UFC darling, Paige Van Sant comes back to the ring to take on Eye. Many, many other great fights as well.
Don’t forget to get you subscription package early to take advantage of the best lines.
On to the picks.
NOTE: Bellator 184 picks added to this page.
BenMR UFC / MMA Picks Record 2017
Upcoming UFC 216 Event Details
- Date: Saturday, October 7, 2017
- Venue: T-Mobile Arena
- City: Las Vegas, Nevada
- Preliminary Card (UFC Fight Pass): 3:00PM Pacific
- Preliminary Card (FXX): 5PM Pacific
- Main Card (PPV): 7PM Pacific
UFC 216 Fight Card and Times
|Fight Card||Time (Pacific)|
|Tony Ferguson vs Kevin Lee||9:15 PM|
|Demetrious Johnson vs Ray Borg||8:45 PM|
|Fabrício Werdum vs Derrick Lewis||8:15 PM|
|Mara Romero Borella vs Kalindra Faria||7:45 PM|
|Beneil Dariush vs Evan Dunham||7:15 PM|
|Tom Duquesnoy vs Cody Stamann||6:40 PM|
|Will Brooks vs Nik Lentz||6:10 PM|
|Bobby Green vs Lando Vannata||5:40 PM|
|Pearl Gonzalez vs Poliana Botelho||5:05 PM|
|Walt Harris vs Mark Godbeer||4:30 PM|
|John Moraga vs Magomed Bibulatov||4:00 PM|
|Thales Leites vs Brad Tavares||3:30 PM|
|Matt Schnell vs Marco Beltrán||3:00 PM|
Subscribe To BenMR’s UFC 216 Picks
Subscriber package for this card will be $25. Subscribe to the BenMR UFC package here, you can pay by Paypal or credit card. With the subscription, you will receive a login to unlock the picks below.
UFC 216 & Bellator 184 Predictions
12 picks so far…
- [winner] Darrion Caldwell to win: -100
- [winner] Emmanuel Sanchez to win: +150
- [winner] Pat Curran vs John Texeria over 2.5 rds: -190
- [winner] Tony Ferguson to win: -210
- Tony is slightly more skilled in every aspect of MMA than Lee and has incredible pace. Lee tends to have cardio issues but he is a great grappler and submission artist. But like I said, Tony is better in both those areas than Lee. But this is still the fight game and obviously anything is possible. But if Tony fights smart and defends the takedowns, this should be easy
- [winner] Beneil Dariush vs Evan Dunham over 2.5 rounds: -175
- [winner] Beneil Dariush to win: -225
- [winner] Fabricio Werdum to win: -235
- Werdum is good everywhere with GREAT BJJ. His standup is much improved. But his chin and defense is suspect. Lewis has one area where he can win and that’s landed his big power, which is always possible in the UFC. But his cardio is suspect and we’ve seen Werdum go 5 rounds in the past.
- [loser] PARLAY: Magomed Bibulatov to win / Walt Harris to win: -150
- [push] Nik Lentz vs Will Brooks over 2.5 rounds: -210
- [loser] John Moraga vs Magomed Bibulatov over 2.5 rounds: -200
- [winner] Thales Leites vs Brad Tavares over: -190
- [winner] Bobby Green vs Lando Vannata over 2.5: -160