The general perception in the public eye is that the Titans are built to be a playoff contender this year and the Colts are contending for the Toilet Bowl. But so far this year, if you take away the decals on the helmets, the two teams are actually very similar.
Both teams are ranked in the bottom 3rd in defense, with Indy’s defense near the very bottom in passing defense. Surprisingly, the Titans offense are ranked near the bottom of the league in total offense. The rushing offense has been holding up as advertised, but somehow Mariota’s passing game hasn’t cranked up yet. He did miss one game, but he’s still averaging under 200 yards passing per game.
Monday Night Football Teaser Of The Day
2 Team (6.5 Point) Teaser -125
- Indianapolis Colts v Tennessee Titans – Tennessee Titans -7 (+6.5)
- Despite the similarities, if you break down the home and away splits, it’s pretty apparent Titans are more comfortable playing at home and Indy is not prepared for games on the road. Colts have lost by a combined score of 92-27 in the two road games so far. their other 3 games where they managed to keep the games close were against teams with combined record of 3-15.
- Titans have the big edge in rushing, and Indy has allowed the 2nd most rushing TDs in the league. Titans should be able to take control of this game on the ground, maybe even with a few Mariota long runs.
Indianapolis Colts v Tennessee Titans – under 47 (+6.5)
- Once again, not going to be a popular pick here. But getting 53.5 points is a big number.
- Colts should be completely shut down here. The public are alarmed by the big scores Titans gave up in previous weeks, but they have not played an offense as inept as the Colts. They’ll likely feature Mack at RB tonight out of necessity, simply because they’re not find production out of the position. Brissett is still raw, and if you double up on Hilton, where else is the Colts going to get yards from?
- Take out the two wins they have against the combined 0-12 teams, Colts have scored a total of 43 points in the other 3 games.
- Prediction: Titans win 27-17