Week 3 of the 2023 NFL season featured several exciting matchups and surprising results. The undefeated Miami Dolphins scored an astounding 70 points against the Denver Broncos in a blowout victory.
Second-year running back De’Von Achane exploded for 203 rushing yards and 4 total touchdowns for the Dolphins.
In another shocker, the Houston Texans upset the Jacksonville Jaguars 37-17, despite being heavy underdogs. Rookie QB C.J. Stroud had a terrific day for Houston, throwing for 280 yards and 2 TDs.
The Cincinnati Bengals got a much-needed win over the struggling Los Angeles Rams, with Joe Mixon rushing for the go-ahead touchdown in the 4th quarter.
There were also some dominant performances by top teams in week 3. The Chiefs defense clamped down on the Bears, holding them to just 10 points in a 41-10 rout. Patrick Mahomes had 3 TD passes before sitting out the 4th quarter.
The Eagles stayed undefeated by defeating Tom Brady and the Buccaneers 25-11. A.J. Brown had a monster game with 9 catches for 131 yards.
The 49ers convincingly took down the Giants 30-12, led by Christian McCaffrey’s 85 rushing yards.
Injury news was a big storyline in week 3. Bengals QB Joe Burrow aggravated his calf injury but gutted out a win over the Rams.
Chiefs QB Patrick Mahomes briefly exited after getting rolled up on, but returned and said he was fine.
The Panthers lost linebacker Frankie Luvu to injury and struggled defensively after he left.
The Rams also had injuries pile up on the offensive line, making it tough for Matthew Stafford.
Overall it was an eventful week 3 filled with standout performances and impactful injuries around the league.
Grading Our Week 3 Survivor Pick: Kansas City
Our Week 3 survivor pick of the Kansas City Chiefs at home against the Chicago Bears paid off, as expected. The Chiefs cruised to a 41-10 victory, moving to 3-0 on the season. So far our strategy of picking home favorites each week rather than saving good teams for later has worked out well. We’re not looking ahead yet, just trying to survive and advance one week at a time.
Picks So Far:
Through three weeks we’ve gone with the Ravens, Cowboys, and now Chiefs. All were comfortable wins, so we’ll look to continue riding home favorites. We’ll reassess and start planning for future weeks around Week 10, but for now we’ll keep rolling with solid teams at home as long as we can.
- Week 1: Baltimore
- Week 2: Dallas
- Week 3: Kansas City
- Week 4: San Francisco
This Week’s Spreads
- Arizona Cardinals vs San Francisco 49ers (-14)
- Kansas City Chiefs (-9.5) vs New York Jets
- Washington Commanders vs Philadelphia Eagles (-7.5)
- New England Patriots vs Dallas Cowboys (-7)
- Las Vegas Raiders vs Los Angeles Chargers (-6)
- Atlanta Falcons vs Jacksonville Jaguars (-3)
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs New Orleans Saints (-3)
- Miami Dolphins vs Buffalo Bills (-2.5)
- Baltimore Ravens vs Cleveland Browns (-2.5)
- Los Angeles Rams vs Indianapolis Colts (-1.5)
- Seattle Seahawks vs New York Giants (-1.5)
- Minnesota Vikings (-3.5) vs Carolina Panthers
- Denver Broncos (-3.5) vs Chicago Bears
- Pittsburgh Steelers (-3) vs Houston Texans
- Cincinnati Bengals (-2.5) vs Tennessee Titans
- Detroit Lions (-1.5) vs Green Bay Packers
Survivor Pool Picks for NFL Week 4
1. Arizona Cardinals vs San Francisco 49ers (-14)
The 49ers are massive 14-point favorites over the struggling Cardinals. San Francisco has one of the best defenses in the NFL and should be able to easily cover this big number at home.
2. Kansas City Chiefs (-9.5) vs New York Jets
The Chiefs are 9.5-point home favorites against the Jets. Patrick Mahomes and the explosive Kansas City offense should have no issues covering versus New York.
3. Washington Commanders vs Philadelphia Eagles (-8.5)
The Eagles are 8.5-point favorites over the Commanders at home. Philadelphia looks like one of the best teams in the NFL right now behind Jalen Hurts.
4. New England Patriots vs Dallas Cowboys (-7)
The Cowboys are 7-point home favorites over the Patriots. Dallas has too much offensive firepower for New England and should pull away.
5. Las Vegas Raiders vs Los Angeles Chargers (-5.5)
The Chargers are 5.5-point home favorites against the Raiders. The Chargers have underachieved so far but have much more talent and should cover this number.