Coming off two consecutive winning weeks. Here we go with Nick Kostos from The Line sponsored by Sports Illustrated NFL week 5 bets.
Nick Kostos’ Best 5 Bets
- Pittsburg Steelers vs. Baltimore Ravens – Pittsburgh +3.5
- Carolina Panthers vs. Jacksonville Jaguars – Carolina -3.5
- Denver Broncos @ LA Chargers – Broncos +6.5
- Dallas Cowboys vs. Green Bay Packers – Cowboys -3.5
- San Francisco 49ers vs. Cleveland Browns – 49ers -3.5
Those are Nick Kostos 5 best bets for week 5. Now for the bets he likes but does not love.
- Minnesota Vikings @ NY Giants – Vikings -5.5
- Chicago Bears @ Oakland Raiders – Raiders +5
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers @ New Orleans Saints – Buccaneers +3
- Atlanta Falcons @ Houston Texans – Over 49
- New England Patriots @ Washington Redskins – Patriots -15
I agree with most of Nick Kostos picks. The picks I disagree with are the 49ers and Browns. I think the Browns have a good chance at covering. I also think if Gardner Minshew is close to 100% the Jaguars can not only have a good chance at covering, but winning that game.
The bets I agree with the most are:
Atlanta Falcons @ Houston Texans – Over 49
Both of these teams are somewhat wild cards. They look amazing one week, and then like a dumpster fire the next. However, the one consistent thing with these 2 teams are their offenses.
Both of these teams are capable of putting up points, and neither of their defenses has really been that impressive this season.
The over is tough to turn down with big names such as Deshaun Watson, Matt Ryan, Julio Jones, Deandre Hopkins, Mohamed Sanu, Calvin Ridley, Will Fuller, Devonta Freeman and many more.
Look for a lot of points in a strong offensive showing from both teams.
Lock in the over at 49.
New England Patriots @ Washington Redskins – Patriots -15
I love the Patriots in this game. If you haven’t caught on yet, I am a Patriots fan.
I try not to let this bias blur my betting vision, but I don’t think it matters here. The Redskins are terrible.
They didn’t even know who was going to start at QB until earlier today.
The Giants would have covered this spread over them last week. The Giants don’t even compare to the Patriots. Ben Watson is back off his suspension, the receiving core is less banged up, and the defense is getting Hightower back.
The Patriots also have a new kicker in Mike Nugent, so we can hope for less missed PATs and FGs.
The Patriots were 1 point away from covering last week, and are a great bet this week.
Lock in Pats -15.