Here’s what we learned about each team in week 6:
- Ravens 24, Titans 16: The Ravens managed to secure a win against the Titans, although their performance was marred by penalties and a lack of red-zone efficiency.
- Bengals 17, Seahawks 13: Cincinnati’s defense held strong in the red zone, overcoming the Seahawks and bringing their record to 3–3.
- Jets 20, Eagles 14: In a surprising turn, the Jets recorded their first-ever franchise win over the Eagles, with a key interception setting up the game-winning touchdown.
- Browns 19, 49ers 17: Cleveland’s strong defense was the highlight in their upset over previously unbeaten San Francisco, with a missed field goal sealing the 49ers’ fate.
- Dolphins 42, Panthers 21: After trailing early, Miami’s quick-strike offense rallied to crush Carolina, improving their record to 5–1.
- Raiders 21, Patriots 17: In a game with playoff implications, the Raiders defeated a struggling Patriots team to even their record at 3–3.
- Jaguars 37, Colts 20: Jacksonville took control of the AFC South with a win over the Colts, bolstered by opportunistic defense that notched four takeaways.
- Lions 20, Buccaneers 6: Detroit showed its contender status with a comprehensive win over Tampa Bay, relying on strong passing and defense.
- Rams 26, Cardinals 9: Despite some inconsistencies, the Rams managed to defeat a defensively weak Cardinals team, improving to 3–3.
- Texans 20, Saints 13: Houston showcased its multifaceted team in a win over New Orleans, led by rookie quarterback C.J. Stroud’s key throws.
- Commanders 24, Falcons 16: Washington evened its record to 3–3, leading to questions about whether they should make trade moves to bolster their roster.
- Vikings 19, Bears 13: Minnesota kept their playoff hopes alive with a win over the Bears, setting the stage for a potentially winnable stretch of games.
- Chiefs 19, Broncos 8: Kansas City’s defense once again shined, keeping Denver’s offense in check and improving their own record.
Grading Our Week 6 Survivor Pick: Buffalo
Our strategy of selecting home favorites once again proved successful, albeit with a bit more drama than we might have liked. The Buffalo Bills squeezed out a 14-9 win against the New York Giants in a game that went down to the wire.
The Bills had to come back in the fourth quarter to secure the victory. They were held scoreless through three quarters but finally found the end zone in the fourth with a 3-yard touchdown pass to Deonte Harty. On the defensive side, they survived a last-chance effort from the Giants, who, after a missed Bills field goal, had one final opportunity to win the game. A pass to Giants TE Darren Waller was broken up by Taron Johnson, sealing the win for Buffalo.
- Fourth-Quarter Comeback: The Bills needed a late-game surge to overcome the Giants. This wasn’t a comfortable win by any means, which makes us question the overall strength of this pick.
- Controversial Final Play: The no-call on the final play involving Darren Waller will be debated, but it’s worth noting that the Bills could have easily lost this game due to that play.
- Injuries: Bills RB Damien Harris suffered a neck injury and was taken off the field by ambulance, which could have long-term implications for the team and our future picks.
- Defensive Strength: Despite the close score, the Bills’ defense held the Giants to just nine points, reinforcing their reputation as a defensively strong team.
Picks So Far
We’ve now successfully picked the Ravens, Cowboys, Chiefs, 49ers, Dolphins, and Bills. Though this week’s win was less comfortable than the others, it still adds to our success rate and keeps our strategy of choosing home favorites intact.
- Week 1: Baltimore
- Week 2: Dallas
- Week 3: Kansas City
- Week 4: San Francisco
- Week 5: Miami
- Week 6: Buffalo
- Week 7: Seattle
- Week 8: Los Angeles Chargers
- Week 9: Cleveland
- Week 10: Cincinnati (lost)
NFL Week 7 Spreads
- Buffalo Bills (-9) vs New England Patriots
- San Francisco 49ers (-7) vs Minnesota Vikings
- Arizona Cardinals vs Seattle Seahawks (-7.5)
- Las Vegas Raiders (-3) vs Chicago Bears
- Los Angeles Chargers vs Kansas City Chiefs (-6)
- Cleveland Browns (-2.5) vs Indianapolis Colts
- Jacksonville Jaguars (-1.5) vs New Orleans Saints
- Washington Commanders (-1.5) vs New York Giants
- Green Bay Packers (-1.5) vs Denver Broncos
- Pittsburgh Steelers vs Los Angeles Rams (-3)
- Detroit Lions vs Baltimore Ravens (-2.5)
- Atlanta Falcons vs Tampa Bay Buccaneers (-2.5)
- Miami Dolphins vs Philadelphia Eagles (-2.5)
Week 7 Bye Teams
- Carolina Panthers
- Cincinnati Bengals
- Dallas Cowboys
- Houston Texans
- New York Jets
- Tennessee Titans
Survivor Pool Picks for NFL Week 7
1. Buffalo Bills (-9) vs New England Patriots
Opting for the Buffalo Bills this week is a strong choice given their previous performance and current matchup. While the Bills had a close call in Week 6 against the Giants, they have shown resilience and a strong defense throughout the season. The Patriots, on the other hand, have been struggling, especially on offense, and currently sit at a 1–5 record. Considering Buffalo’s home advantage and the Patriots’ inability to move the ball effectively, this seems like a safe pick for a survivor pool where you’re just looking to secure a win.
2. San Francisco 49ers (-7) vs Minnesota Vikings
The 49ers are a solid pick for Week 7, especially when facing a Vikings team that is sitting at a 2–4 record. Although San Francisco suffered their first loss of the season in Week 6, it was a close game that could have swung in their favor. Their strong defense should be a significant factor against a Vikings team that has had inconsistent performances so far. Playing at home further cements the 49ers as a good pick for anyone looking to survive another week.
3. Arizona Cardinals vs Seattle Seahawks (-7.5)
The Seahawks, favored by 7.5 points, make for an intriguing survivor pick. Arizona’s defense has been lacking, allowing at least 26 points in most games this season. Seattle’s offense, particularly their passing game, has the potential to exploit these weaknesses. Additionally, the Seahawks have a strong defense that could limit what the Cardinals can do offensively. Even though the Seahawks are coming off a loss, this matchup leans in their favor, making them a sensible survivor choice.
4. Las Vegas Raiders (-3) vs Chicago Bears
The Raiders present a favorable pick for Week 7 as they face a Bears team struggling with inconsistency, particularly in the quarterback position. Las Vegas has shown promise this season, sitting at a 3–3 record, and they have an opportunity to improve their standings against a weaker Chicago team. Their balanced attack and better-than-average defense offer good chances for a win, especially when playing at home.
5. Los Angeles Chargers vs Kansas City Chiefs (-6)
The Chiefs, though they’ve had their struggles, particularly on offense, remain a strong pick for Week 7. Their defense has been a highlight, holding opponents to low scores consistently. The Chargers, while a competitive team, have had their own inconsistencies. Given that the Chiefs are playing at home and have a defense capable of slowing down the Chargers’ offense, they are a good choice for a survivor pick where you’re merely looking to chalk up a win.