Grading Our Week 7 Survivor Pick: Seattle
Our strategy of selecting home favorites paid off again with the Seahawks beating the Cardinals 20-10. It was a solid all-around effort from Seattle to get the win.
The Seahawks leaned on their rushing attack, led by Kenneth Walker III who ran for 105 yards. Geno Smith avoided big mistakes, throwing for 219 yards 2 TDs and limiting to just 1 turnover. Seattle’s defense came up big by forcing 2 turnovers and holding Arizona to just 249 total yards.
- Rushing Attack: Walker and the ground game powered the offense, which took pressure off Smith. This balance made the Seahawks difficult to stop.
- Defensive Pressure: The Seahawks disrupted Cardinals backup QB Joshua Dobbs often, sacking him 4 times. This stifling defense was key.
- Low-Risk Approach: Smith played a clean game, helping Seattle control the ball and tempo. The Seahawks didn’t take many chances downfield.
- Injuries: The absence of DK Metcalf didn’t slow down Seattle’s offense much, but it could have implications if he misses more time.
Picks So Far
This week’s win was a bit more nerve-wracking than the previous ones. Seattle didn’t put the game away until the last couple minutes of the game.
But a win is a win, we maintained our strategy of sticking with home favorites. Notably, we dodged a bullet by avoiding the Buffalo Bills, who were the day’s largest spread but lost outright to the Patriots.
- Week 1: Baltimore
- Week 2: Dallas
- Week 3: Kansas City
- Week 4: San Francisco
- Week 5: Miami
- Week 6: Buffalo
- Week 7: Seattle
- Week 8: Los Angeles Chargers
- Week 9: Cleveland
- Week 10: Cincinnati (lost)
NFL Week 8 Spreads
- Baltimore Ravens (-8.5) vs Arizona Cardinals
- Kansas City Chiefs (-8.5) vs Denver Broncos
- New England Patriots vs Miami Dolphins (-10.5)
- Chicago Bears vs Los Angeles Chargers (-9.5)
- Philadelphia Eagles (-6.5) vs Washington Commanders
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs Buffalo Bills (-7.5)
- Houston Texans (-3) vs Carolina Panthers
- New York Jets (-3) vs New York Giants
- Los Angeles Rams vs Dallas Cowboys (-6)
- Cincinnati Bengals vs San Francisco 49ers (-5.5)
- Atlanta Falcons (-1.5) vs Tennessee Titans
- Jacksonville Jaguars (-1.5) vs Pittsburgh Steelers
- Cleveland Browns vs Seattle Seahawks (-2.5)
- New Orleans Saints vs Indianapolis Colts (-1.5)
- Minnesota Vikings vs Green Bay Packers (-1.5)
Week 8 Bye Teams
- There are no byes during Week 8 or 12
Survivor Pool Picks for NFL Week 8
Baltimore Ravens (-8.5) vs Arizona Cardinals
The Ravens are coming off a strong performance and are looking to continue their momentum. With an 8.5 point spread in their favor, they seem like a solid pick against the Cardinals. Their defense is expected to make it difficult for Arizona’s offense to get going.
Kansas City Chiefs (-8.5) vs Denver Broncos
The Chiefs have been consistent this season and are favored by 8.5 points against the Broncos. Their high-powered offense is likely to overwhelm Denver’s defense.
New England Patriots vs Miami Dolphins (-10.5)
The Dolphins are the heavy favorites with a 10.5 point spread against the Patriots. Given their recent form and the advantage of playing at home, they are a strong pick for this week. Their defense is particularly strong, which should help contain New England’s offense.
Chicago Bears vs Los Angeles Chargers (-9.5)
We’re not thrilled about picking the struggling 2-4 Chargers, but we’re sticking to our formula of going with the large spread home team. The 9.5 point spread in their favor is hard to ignore, even if their recent performances have been less than stellar. This is a high-risk, high-reward pick that could go either way.
Philadelphia Eagles (-6.5) vs Washington Commanders
Eagles should win with ease and sweep the season series. Eagles are just firing on all cylinders this season.