After finally getting his first winning week of the season at 3-2, Colin Cowherd triumphantly moves to an overall record of 3-11-1 on his Blazing 5 NFL picks. This monumental achievement has Cowherd feeling like he’s really turned the corner, as he makes his Blazing 5 picks for Week 4 action with his chest puffed out.
Blazing 5 Picks for Week 4:
- Jaguars (-3) at Falcons
- Dolphins at Bills (-3)
- Bengals at Titans (+2.5)
- Vikings (-4) at Panthers
- Patriots (+6.5) at Cowboys
Blazing 5 Record
2023 Season: 30-26-4
- Week 1: 0-5
- Week 2: 0-4-1
- Week 3: 3-2
- Week 4: 4-1
- Week 5: 5-0
- Week 6: 2-3
- Week 7: 3-2
- Week 8: 2-1-2
- Week 9: 2-3
- Week 10: 2-2-1
- Week 11: 4-1
- Week 12: Turkey day no picks
- Week 13: 3-2
- Week 14:
Blazing 5 Picks for Week 14:
- Panthers vs Saints: Carolina Panthers (+5.5)
- Jaguars vs Browns: Cleveland Browns (-3)
- Lions vs Bears: Chicago Bears (+3)
- Broncos vs Chargers: Denver Broncos (+2.5)
- Bills vs Chiefs: Kansas City Chiefs (-1.5)
Colin’s Blazing 5 Predictions for Week 14:
- Game 1: Panthers at Saints
- Spread: NO -5.5.
- Colin’s Pick: Carolina +5.5.
- Prediction: Panthers win 26-24.
- Rationale: Panthers’ strong defense recently and Saints’ weaknesses, including coaching and player performance issues.
- Game 2: Jaguars at Browns
- Spread: CLE -3.
- Colin’s Pick: Cleveland -3.
- Prediction: Browns win 24-13.
- Rationale: Browns’ strong home performance and defensive capabilities, Jaguars’ injuries and poor performance in cold weather.
- Game 3: Lions at Bears
- Spread: DET -3.
- Colin’s Pick: Chicago +3.
- Prediction: Bears win 24-23.
- Rationale: Bears’ rush defense and recent performance, Lions’ defensive struggles, and cold weather impact on Lions’ quarterback Jared Goff.
- Game 4: Broncos at Chargers
- Spread: LAC -2.5.
- Colin’s Pick: Denver +2.5.
- Prediction: Broncos win 27-24.
- Rationale: Denver’s defensive improvement, coaching advantage, and Chargers’ overall weaknesses.
- Game 5: Bills at Chiefs
- Spread: KC -1.5.
- Colin’s Pick: Kansas City -1.5.
- Prediction: Chiefs win 30-27.
- Rationale: Patrick Mahomes’ record after losses, Chiefs’ strong defense this season, and Bills’ inconsistencies in big games.
Jaguars (-3) at Falcons
Cowherd is taking the Jaguars -3 because they play well in London, going 21-9 there over the years, and this is their 10th trip. Trevor Lawrence has graded well despite a bad Chiefs game, and the Falcons have no pass rush and a struggling offense. Cowherd predicts a 30-23 Jaguars win.
Dolphins at Bills (-3)
Cowherd is taking the Bills -3 because they have a top 3 offense and defense, can control the clock and limit Tua. Josh Allen has owned Miami and their defense is weak. He sees the Bills getting right in a 31-27 win.
Bengals at Titans (+2.5)
Cowherd takes the Titans +2.5 since coach Mike Vrabel is great as an underdog. The Bengals are struggling offensively on a short week, while Tennessee can pull the upset, 27-23.
Vikings (-4) at Panthers
Cowherd likes the Vikings -4 because despite being 0-3 they move the ball well but have fluky turnovers. Carolina has no perimeter playmakers for their QB. Minnesota wins 26-17.
Patriots (+6.5) at Cowboys
Cowherd takes the Patriots +6.5 in a potential low-scoring game. New England has a great defense to slow Dallas. With Dak Prescott struggling behind a banged up line, he sees a close Cowboys 27-23 win.